Thursday, January 17, 2013

1/17 We've Only Just Begun... in Bandung! (Java/Indonesia)



I hopped on a train bound for Bandung. For 5 hours I was finally able to indulge in spectacular views of some suburban and rural areas of Indonesia’s Java.











I stayed in Hunny Hostel for 100,000 rupiah ($10 USD) in an all-girls dorm. It was like living in an Asian family’s home, where we had to remove our shoes at the door. Perks included free coffee, tea, breakfast and medicine!










After settling in, I wandered around to absorb more sights and sounds of Western Java.






 

 anything goes in Indonesia!


 this car really stood out!


 Many cats and kittens roam freely and look quite sickly :(



Meet Clement! He is from France and we travelled together to Bandung. I sold him on the idea of leaving Jakarta sooner rather than later. This was very lucky, because flooding wreaked havoc on Jakarta starting the very next day, forcing the Governor to issue its highest level of flood alert for the city.
 
 Haven't seen these since NZ!! So yummy!!


 Getting cheeky in the supermarket ;)



 Gangnum style is worldwide...

silly frenchmen...


Feeling like a princess!


 

 that's me!

 
Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice)


 Resourceful sauce packet










Bandung was fun, but one day was sufficient for me!

Onward ho! …….Just an expression, don’t take offense ;)
 



1 comment: